Monday, November 9, 2009

5wks, 1 day. Midwife worries.

So - 5wks, 1 day, and still not a symptom in sight!

Unless you count *increased* energy levels (huh....? I'm having 5-6hrs sleep per night and waking up totally energised!) and having diarrhoea each morning. Ouch. That could just be down to spending the weekend up at the Highland Flight though, so I'm not counting that.

Desperate to go up and meet the midwife I like the sound of (Sheila Vaughan in Wollongong) but without yet the means to pay her fee of $3,600, I'm holding off. Of course she offers a 'payment system', where the full amount must be paid off before 36wks, however even 36 payments of $100 each is way beyond us at this stage. We will have to try to work something out, even if it means going into more debt (in the past I would have said over my dead body...). It's incredibly frustrating.

Telling work is an issue, too. I'd rather tell them sooner than later, because I often have to carry heavy racks of bread and bend over often. However being only casual, they're likely to simply cut my shifts on the spot - I only get 16hrs per week as it is - and we simply can't afford for that to happen. It is upsetting that I can't tell them and thus have to try to avoid carrying the heavy pallets of bread (which makes me look lazy) and any heavy duty work when I am there, but this will become increasingly more difficult with time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay I'm so excited to see you've started a blog hun! I adore the way you write, so this is going onto my list of fave blogs. x

    ReplyDelete