I am Amber. I am 22 years old, and married. I am pregnant!
Yesterday morning at 11dpo (days past ovulation) I did a quick preg test before I went to work. It was no big deal - I have loads of them in the bathroom, having bought a bulk lot off ebay. I was sick of having to pay $10 every time I had a 'scare'! Over 5 years that really adds up.
I thought I saw a faint pink second line. Hmm. So I tested again that night and got this:
Whoa!!
So this morning I woke up really early and headed down to the chemist. Go there at 8.20, only to find that they don't open until 9am! So I hung around outside, holding in my first morning wee (most effective for pregnancy tests) until they opened. They only had one brand - Pregnosis. I rushed home, did the test and stared in shock as the test showed a very clear positive:
No denying it now! I woke up hubby, who was in shock also. He's had to work today & tonight, and I think he is having trouble dealing with it. "I'm too young to be a Dad" seems to be his primary concern. And also, "What if I turn out like my Dad?". But we will both deal with it - we are both happy, just shocked really! We've been together for 5 years next month, and married for 6mths.
My due date would be mid-July 2010 (dead of winter) and I am approximately 3wks, 4days.


No comments:
Post a Comment